Libraries: UCSD and Beyond
- For all of these catalogs, use of your library account and PIN are essential for any Request functions.
- Interlibrary Loan is a free service for requesting books, other documents, articles, microfilm, and more. Either request materials directly through the catalog record or use our Citation Linker forms and fill in the information.
- To view the status of your Interlibrary Loan requests, go to My ILL Requests.
ROGER:UCSD Library Catalog: listings of books, government publications, maps, audiovisuals, periodicals, and other materials owned by UCSD. Articles are NOT included, but catalog records include links to full text electronic journals and any other cataloged resources where we have digital access. Use "Request" to renew, recall or put holds on books.
If the UCSD copy is unavailable, or if we don't own it, use options on the menu to the right of your search results to expand the search outward.
- "Search in Circuit" option redoes search in combined catalogs of UCSD, SDSU, USD CSU San Marcos and the San Diego County Library system. If available, average 24-48 hour delivery.
- "Search NextGen Melvyl" option redoes search in the combined catalogs of libraries at all University of California campuses, and ultimately to most libraries in North America. Delivery can be as soon as 2-3 days and usually no longer than 1-2 weeks.
You can also search these larger catalogs directly:
The Circuit: combined catalogs of UCSD, SDSU, USD CSU San Marcos and the San Diego County Library system. Delivery ranges from 24-48 hours, though if requested from one of the other University libraries before 10 a.m. Mon-Fri, same day delivery is possible.
Next Generation MELVYL Catalog: University of California combined catalog of all campus libraries: books, government documents, special collections, maps, periodicals subscriptions (but not content of periodicals). This new version is using the WorldCat catalog (see below), but with holdings of UC Libraries displayed first.
WorldCat: Combined catalog of more than 12,000 libraries around the United States (nearly all, from Library of Congress down to academic and public libraries) and worldwide (selectively). Depending on availability and willingness of libraries to lend, even items held by only a few libraries on the East coast can arrive within two weeks. Two versions are available to you:
- Using the same interface as the new MELVYL catalog
- Using the native WorldCat interface, which has additional capabilities to limit and focus searches.
ArchiveGrid: Search through thousands of archive and manuscript collections worldwide. View descriptions of both individual collections and repositories, and in many cases detailed finding aids-- down to the level of individual folders and files.