Wireless & Off-Campus Access
SciFinder and Reaxys do not work with the (EasyConnect) WebVPN. For off-campus access, use Proxy or client VPN.
SciFinder on Smartphones? YES!
Access SciFinder Mobile from your smartphone for quick author, keyword, and chemical name/RN searches. No UCSD IP authentication (wifi/proxy/VPN) required, just your SciFinder username and password.
iPads and other tablets will be routed to the full version of SciFinder, and UCSD authentication will be required.
FIRST TIME USING SCIFINDER AT UCSD?
Go to SciFinder at UC to register.
Registration is required to use SciFinder.
- The registration site is IP-restricted. You must be on the campus network (or protected wifi), proxy or VPN to access.
- If you have a SciFinder account from another school, including another UC, you must register again.
- Register with your ucsd.edu email address. If you don't see a confirmation email, check your spam folder.
- UCSD/SDSU joint-enrollment students: to access SciFinder as a UCSD student, you need to register through the link below and login through our network. If you try to login with an SDSU-created account (even running proxy or VPN), you will get: Access to SciFinder is not authorized from this IP address...
ACCESS TO SCIFINDER
SciFinder is restricted to UCSD faculty, staff and students.
- Unlike most of our other electronic resources, there is no walk-in access available for non-UCSD affiliates on any library computer.
It is available 24/7, with the exception of 7-10pm on Saturdays and 2-10pm on the first Saturday each month.